A Library and Information Science degree will prepare you for a meaningful and exciting career in library and information professions in the 21st Century.
The Master of Arts in Library and Information Science program at University of Arizona covers various disciplines, ethics, and values of library and information science augmented by an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge and information.
Depending on your career interests, you can concentrate your coursework in areas such as:
- archival studies
- academic, public, special, and law librarianship
- digital information management
- legal information and scholarly communication
- medical and community health information
Our curriculum reflects the diversity of library and information environments. It touches the areas students will eventually work and the populations they will serve.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Library and Information Services
- Research Methods for Library and Information Professionals
- Capstone Internship
- Cultural Perspectives on Libraries and Information
- Information Services and Evaluation
- Management of Information Services
- Information Technology & Networked Digital Information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Sciences View 73 other Masters in Library Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL higher education institutions attended (official transcripts are not needed until applications have been recommended to the Graduate College by the School of Information)
- Unofficial proof of English proficiency scores (international students only) - official scores will be sent directly to the university
- Current resumé or curriculum vitae (CV) in the "Supplemental Questions" section
- Write a 750-1000 word Statement of Purpose that outlines any library experience, knowledge or skills you have that would make you successful in the program
- Provide email addresses and contact information for two recommenders in the ‘Letters of Recommendation’ section. Letters of recommendation must be uploaded by the recommenders no later than the application deadline. Letters of recommendation uploaded past the deadline will not be considered
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.