Library and Information Science degree offered by the University of Arizona can prepare a student for professional opportunities in a wide variety of environments including libraries, archives, publishing, the corporate sector, the Internet and other technology companies. The curriculum reflects the diversity of library and information environments in which students will eventually work, the populations they serve, and the disciplines of library and information science augmented by an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge and information. The Master of Arts, Library and Information Science is an American Library Association accredited 36 credit degree program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Library and Information Services
- Research Methods for Library and Information Professionals
- Organization of Information
- Ethics for Library and Information Professionals
- Capstone Internship Exit
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- No interaction at all
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Sciences View 23 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Upload unofficial transcripts from ALL higher education institutions attended in ‘Supplemental Questions’ section;
- Upload unofficial GRE scores in ‘Supplemental Questions’ section (optional);
- Upload unofficial TOEFL scores in ‘Supplemental Questions’ section (international students only);
- Upload a current resumé or curriculum vitae (CV) in the ‘Supplemental Questions’ section;
- Write a 750-1000 word written statement of introduction and interest in the program in the ‘Supplemental Questions’ section;
- Provide email addresses and contact information for two (2) recommenders in the ‘Letters of Recommendation’ section.
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
There are various types of financial assistance that can help you cover the costs associated with college. UA offers a wide array of scholarship programs. Every student is considered for scholarships as long as a complete application for admission, transcripts and test scores have been received.
To apply for need-based aid, U.S. citizens must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have your information sent to UA, specify the UA school code — 001083.
To ensure you get the best financial package, be sure to complete a FAFSA by March 1st and have a complete Admissions Application (application, transcripts, SAT/ACT scores) by May 1st.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!