Globalization has created a borderless economy with a host of new opportunities and challenges for those engaged in commerce and economic development.
While global markets offer exciting growth prospects, navigating the world stage requires in-depth knowledge of the financial, regulatory, and economic environments and institutions that affect the global economy and international trade.
To meet the need for both insight and skills development, Northeastern University ’s College of Professional Studies—in collaboration with Northeastern University’s College of Social Sciences and Humanities—offers the Master of Science in Commerce and Economic Development , which integrates an applied economics study of information, institutions and innovation designed to develop and hone analytical skills to support private and public decision-making.
- Translate economic theory and classroom materials into core competencies
- Apply quantitative skills in the areas of economics, economic theory, policy analysis and research
- Learn to set prices and output levels
- Use conceptual and mathematical tools to examine fluctuations in employment, prices, and economic growth
- Develop skills in data collection, estimation, and results interpretation
- Apply theories of economic growth, technology, structural changes, industrialization, factor proportions and prices, trade, population, and income distribution
- Evaluate labor markets and the role of human capital
- Assess how art, culture, and entertainment impact economic development
- Analyze the impact of environmental resources on commerce and economic development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomic Theory
- Applied Macroeconomic Theory
- Mathematical Methods for Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Commerce and Economic Development
- Capstone: Master’s Project
- Economics of Human Capital
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesEconomics Industrial & Systems Engineering Commerce View 370 other Masters in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500-1000 words)
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40600 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National27066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40600 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.