As the art and museum world continues to grow in scope and vibrancy, there’s a need for professionals who understand the modern landscape and can ensure that their organization thrives.
The Arts Administration and Museum Leadership program of Drexel University is ideal for those looking to stand out in the job market, start their own cultural enterprise or advance to the next stage of their career.
What is a Master's degree in Arts Administration and Museum Leadership?
A Master’s in Arts Administration & Museum Leadership equips you with the management practices, theory and hands-on experience that are essential for leadership positions in the arts or museum sectors. At Drexel, our goal is to help you emerge from the program workforce-ready. You can expect to take courses that are immediately applicable to your work, in areas such as:
- Management techniques
- Technology tools
- Legal and ethical issues
- Financial accounting
- Marketing and engagement
In addition, Drexel’s Master’s in Arts Administration & Museum Leadership program provides two concentration options to allow you to take a deeper dive into your area of interest. Your plan of study will be customized around your concentration.
What can I do with a degree in Arts Administration and Museum Leadership?
Careers in the arts administration and museum leadership fields require a specific set of skills that are unique to these industries. Drexel’s program is designed to explore all aspects of both, preparing you for roles in marketing, collections and general management, development, community outreach, board relations, education and more. For those with an entrepreneurial spirit, the program will also provide you with the skills to start and run your own enterprise.
Recent graduates of Drexel’s Arts Administration and Museum Leadership programs have gone on to work in roles such as:
- President and CEO of the American Theatre Wing
- Artistic Director and CEO of Ballet Vero Beach
- Senior Director of Cultural Affairs at Montgomery County Community College
- Program Director at the NJ State Council of the Arts
- Development Coordinator for Donor Relations at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Executive Assistant at Grounds for Sculpture
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Arts and Culture
- Management Techniques in Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Marketing & Engagement in Arts and Cultural Orgs.
- Revenue Development in Arts and Cultural Orgs.
- Financial Accounting in Arts and Cultural Orgs.
- Technology Tools for Arts and Cultural Managers
- Leadership, Strategy, & Planning in Arts and Cult.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 140 other Masters in Finance in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA's will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Preparation must include at least one undergraduate level course in financial accounting, two courses in any field related to arts and culture or museum practice, and/or two years’ professional or board level experience with an arts and cultural enterprise. If you haven't taken the required accounting course, you must complete it during the first two terms of the program.
International1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.