Throughout your study, you will learn how to apply traditional business skills (financial management, budgeting, research, etc.) to the unique challenges of public administration.
Upon successful completion of this Master of Public Administration (MPA) at National University, you will be able to utilize critical thinking and research methods, evaluate new public management, analyze political influences and governmental power division, evaluate government employees and public administration strategies and decision, and synthesize grant proposal resources and approaches.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize critical thinking and research methods relevant to public administration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Analyze the impact of political influences on the public sector decision-making process.
- Describe, analyze, and evaluate the various approaches to managing government employees.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public administration strategies for dealing with the media, community, and local government agencies.
- Evaluate the impact of public administration decisions on urban planning and redevelopment.
- Synthesize resources and approaches for developing grant proposals for community programs and services.
- Foundations of Public Administration
- Seminar in Urban Affairs
- Public Personnel Policy
- Quantitative Methods
- Urban Planning & Redevelopment
- MPA Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Online intakes: Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Administration Political Science Urban Planning View 208 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
International1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
National1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.