The Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) at the National University will prepare you for mid-level and leadership positions within healthcare, technology, and consulting organizations, and ground you in the effective use of information technologies and systems to improve the healthcare ecosystem.
Coursework will encompass areas of information systems, information technology, and informatics, including decision support, care coordination, consumer empowerment, the structured language of healthcare, standards, health information exchange, usability, electronic health records, security, socio-technical aspects of health computing, human-computer interaction, evidence-based practice, and health outcomes.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the healthcare delivery system in the US and the impact of social, cultural, political, economic, and environmental factors affecting the management and operation of healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate health data management standards, technologies and methods to improve the quality, efficiency, equity, and safety of healthcare practice and organization.
- Develop policies and technologies to protect data integrity and validity, including information privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Develop strategies for improving healthcare delivery and achieving institutional strategic initiatives using information systems and technologies.
- Evaluate leadership principles and practices in health information technology, staff development, technology adoption, and change management in a healthcare organization.
- Evaluate a healthcare organization’s processes and systems to ensure compliance with ethical, legal, and regulatory mandates and professional standards of health information technology.
- Apply statistical and research methodologies to implement evidence-based health information technology management practice and healthcare quality improvement.
- Communicate knowledge of health information systems and technology to stakeholders of the healthcare ecosystem.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Quality Appraisal & Evaluation
- Public Health Research Methods
- System Management and Planning
- Health Information Exchange
- Health Informatics Case Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Online intakes: Monthly
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Health Informatics View 94 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
National1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.