This suite of three year-long part-time programmes is for all health professionals involved in the education and training of undergraduates and postgraduates.
Each year is self-contained and a qualification is obtained after each year: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PG Cert) in year one, Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) in year two; and, Masters (MEd) in year three.
Students of the Education for Health Professionals programme offered at the University of Birmingham are usually already employed in the NHS or other health organisations such as universities and the military. The PG Certificate is HEA accredited, so on successful completion of the course, students are able to apply for professional recognition as Fellows of the Higher Education Academy subject to fulfilling some additional HEA requirements that are explained in the programme handbook. Currently the HEA are is charging for this widely recognised teaching qualification: see http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/professional-recognition. The Diploma and Masters are research-based so suitable for those who would like to develop an academic component to their work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals
- Assessment for Health Professionals
- Developing and Sustaining a Curriculum for Health Professionals
- Reviewing Education for Health Professionals
- Researching Education for Health Professionals
- Project in Education for Health Professionals
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Sciences View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
You need a first degree or equivalent professional qualification and proficient English. One satisfactory academic reference is required for all applicants except Education Fellows applying for 168A who do not need to provide a reference.
- Those who apply are normally employed in the health service or otherwise involved with the training of health professionals. To undertake the Diploma, satisfactory completion of the Certificate or an equivalent course is required. Similarly, entry onto the Masters requires completion of the Diploma or equivalent. Please contact us if you think you may have equivalent qualifications.
International4140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4140 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4140 GBP per year during 36 months.
- PGCert £4,140 (Multi-professional)
- PGCert £4,140 (Education Fellows only)
- PGDip £4,140
- MEd £4,140
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.