Using the Human Sexuality Certificate as a core component, the MPS in Sexual Health at University of Minnesota meets the unique needs of aspiring or current sex therapists, sex educators, and others working in related practices.
Why Choose the MPS in Sexual Health?
- It’s innovative. You can earn up to three career-advancing credentials: two stackable graduate certificates and one master's degree. (Watch our Stackable Credential video to learn more.)
- It’s timely. Learn up-to-date, evidence-based practices in sexual health along with a broad overview of the human sexuality field.
- It's accessible. Our fully online degree is open to qualified applicants from around the globe.
- It’s relevant. The foundational coursework will count toward the Core Knowledge Area requirements of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) for the Sex Educator, Counselor, and Therapist certification
- Policy in Human Sexuality: Cutting-Edge Analyses
- Perspectives and Practices in Sexual Health Education
- Sexual Pleasure and Intimacy
- Health Care for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Adults
- Dimensions of Sexual Functioning
- Sex and Relationship Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Public Health Health Sciences View 545 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
bachelor's degree from an accredited post-secondary US institution or its foreign equivalentan undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00*
a commitment to the field of human sexuality through previous study, work, volunteer service, professional organizational involvement, etc.
Professional statement: 1−2 pages articulating your career goals as related to the degree
Diversity statement: Optional
Extenuating Circumstances statement: If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, please provide an explanation
Two letters of recommendation
Resume or CV
Application fees: International ($95.00) / U.S. citizen/permanent resident ($75.00)
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.