The Education (Curriculum and Instruction) program of Central Michigan University is designed for educators who aspire to oversee curriculum and instruction. While the Curriculum & Instruction concentration focuses primarily on PK-12 educators and the learning experiences of students in a school setting, the program also serves a highly diverse group of educators to examine curriculum and instruction from multiple perspectives.
Core courses in The Master of Arts degree in Education with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction (MAE-C&I) provide students with a deeper understanding of: a) educational technology to be used efficiently across disciplines, b) educational psychology principles to improve teaching practice, c) research methodologies and concepts to inquire more deeply into a field of practice, d) using data in meaningful ways to inform instruction, and e) applying theory to develop of curriculum. Students can specialize to gain a deeper understanding of instructional practice, reading remediation, or mathematics instruction. This program does not result in certification for teachers or administrators but may be utilized for professional advancement.
Students who completed the MAE-C&I program have stated:
- The program gave me great ideas for collaborating with teachers, classroom management, as well as great information on technology.
- The classes I have completed through this program have changed the way I view teaching and showed me just how much impact I can have on those around me.
- The focus on research-based best practices, developmentally appropriate practice, and foundations of literacy knowledge, have made the most impact on my professional practice.
- I have been able to look at how my district handles curriculum and instruction and compare it to other students in the classroom. Each course has given me more knowledge about my own teaching and has allowed me to better my practices for my students in my classroom.
- This program has allowed me to focus on an area in which I saw a need in my current field (Active Duty Military), which was the current procedures of the military in advanced individual training.
Ultimately, students who complete the MAE-C&I will become more effective teachers in the classroom. Graduates are also well prepared for professional positions such as instructional coordinator, curriculum specialist, academic support coach, interventionists, museum specialists, outdoor education specialist, or education specialist.
- Director of Instruction/Curriculum Specialist
- Program Director, Higher Education
- School Principal
- Strategies and Techniques for Teaching
- Current Educational Issues
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Applied Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- Theory and Practice in Curriculum Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Ongoing online open enrollment. Students can start every eight-weeks, six times a year.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1311 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International13875 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.