The Hunter College Master of Arts in Translation and Interpreting - Russian is a 30-credit two-year curriculum for full time students and may be completed within five years on a part time basis. In translation studies students will explore the key domains of legal, medical, and business translation, as well as a range of new media contents (films, podcasts, websites, blog posts, etc.); in interpretation, students will receive practical training in consecutive, conference and community oral interpreting and sight translation, simulating an array of social service, educational, and healthcare settings; coursework will include foundational studies in machine translation technologies, software localization, and terminology management systems. Internship and study away opportunities will be an integral part of the program.
Applicants matriculating with an undergraduate major in Russian or Russian Translation may have their language testing requirement waived based on their academic record and the recommendation of a language faculty; they may also first register for classes in this program as a non-degree student while awaiting the admissions process.
- Advanced Comparative Russian-English Grammar & Stylistics for Translators
- Russian to English Translation
- English to Russian Translation
- English and Russian Consecutive Bilingual Interpreting
- English and Russian Simultaneous Bidirectional Interpreting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 41 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All undergraduate transcripts
- A personal statement in English (declare Language A & B)
- Two letters of recommendation (those with industry experience should submit one academic and one professional)
- For students who completed their bachelor’s degree in a language other than English, submit your TOEFL IBT or CBT score. (The School of Arts and Science requires a minimum 80/213 for graduate studies.)
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.