The Quantitative Finance program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas will provide advanced education and training on core finance knowledge and skills at the graduate level, with special emphasis on quantitative methods in finance and new financial technologies.
These quantitative methods include mathematical finance theories as well as statistical and computer-program-based techniques to manage and analyze large financial data sets. Examples of finance theories are those related to capital structure, capital budgeting, valuation, stocks, bonds, derivatives, and portfolio management.
- Develop strong understanding of key concepts in Finance.
- Analyze data with advanced statistical and econometric techniques.
- Apply computer programing and statistical software to analysis of data.
- Think critically about financial problems and provide potential solutions.
- Develop the ability to manipulate and analyze large financial datasets.
- Communicate effectively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics I, Statistical Modeling
- Advance Corporate Finance
- Investment Management
- Corporate Finance Modeling
- Investments Modeling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 803 other Masters in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Meet the general requirements for admission to graduate instruction at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, as described by the Graduate College.Complete the prerequisite (or equivalent) courses listed below with at least a B grade (3.0 on 4.0 scale):
- Principles of Finance (FIN 301/MBA 765)
- Financial Accounting (ACC 201/MBA 761)
- Microeconomics (ECON 102/ECON 302/MBA 769)
- Statistics (ECON 261)
- Calculus (ECON 440/640, or both MATH 181 and MATH 182).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.