Students in the MS in Secondary School Teachers of Biology and General Science from The City University of New York will be required to complete the following minimum work:
- Courses totaling 9 credits in secondary education
- Students who have not completed one year of undergraduate earth sciences will take either geology, astronomy, or both.
- Additional courses are listed under the Departments of Chemistry, Earth, Environmental, and Geological Sciences, and Physics and Astronomy. A minimum total of 30 credits must be completed to earn the degree.
- Four courses in the biological sciences
- One course in chemistry
- Psychology in Education, Group Dynamics
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Foundations of Education
- School and Community
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biology Teaching View 3090 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue graduate study successfully. (Above-average academic achievement in general and in the teaching specialization is required.)
- Students in the program for Secondary School Teachers of Biology and General Science must have completed a major in the life sciences.
- If conditionally admitted, students must make up not more than 12 credits of specified undergraduate coursework, starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
- Up to three letters of recommendation.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.