Offering a unique and rigorous curriculum, the program focuses on the administration of agencies operating within the criminal justice or juvenile justice systems.
The Public Administration - Criminal Justice program from The University of Alabama at Birmingham arose from the need for middle managers in these agencies to be versed in the latest theories and practice of criminal justice, as well as possess administrative and management skills including public policy, human resource management, and program evaluation. The program thus provides its graduates a solid foundation in criminal justice and the skills needed to become an effective supervisor or manager.
- In 2019, police officer and detectives earned around $65,000 per year. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Patterns in Crime
- Criminological Theory
- Research Design
- Data Analysis
- Criminal Justice Policy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Criminal Law Criminal Justice View 237 other Masters in Criminal Justice in United States
- Most students admitted to the program have earned a cumulative undergraduate grade point of average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Students who otherwise meet minimum admission criteria but who have not taken both the statistics and the research methods courses may be admitted to the MSCJ program on a "contingency" basis.
- Students so admitted will not be allowed to register for graduate coursework until the contingencies are removed.
- Students meeting the minimum requirements for admission including taking the statistics and research methods courses but who lack a substantive background in criminal justice may be admitted to the MSCJ program on a "contingency" basis, but will be required to take remedial coursework before they will be allowed to register for any graduate courses.
International11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1187 USD per credit during 36 months.
National11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1109 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State4680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.