The MSEd Childhood Education with a Specialization in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Professional Certificate from The City University of New Yorkrequires initial NYS certification in Childhood Education and leads to professional certification in that area.
- Minimum GPA for Retention - Graduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain at Hunter College. Students whose grades fall below this standard are required to raise their GPAs to at least 3.0 within one semester.
- No F in the first two semesters—students who receive a grade of F or WU in any course in the first two semesters will not be allowed to continue in the program.
- Progress holds due to Incomplete Grades - Students with two or more INCs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Key Course Performance Standards
- Students must receive a grade of at least a B in key program courses.
- Students who receive a grade of F or WU in key program courses may not continue in the program.
- Key Program Courses are identified by the label (KC) in the course title.
- An overall GPA of 3.0.
- Maintain a valid and appropriate NYS certification.
- Complete the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) workshop.
- Educational Technology in Mathematics and Science Teaching/Learning
- Contemporary Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Workshop Seminar in Elementary School Mathematics/Science
- Research Seminar in Mathematics/Science Education
- Development of Mathematical/Scientific Concepts in Children
- Number Theory and Algebra in Elementary Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Natural Sciences View 370 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- NYS initial, professional or permanent certification in Childhood Education.
- A personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation including one from a supervisor.
- Successful completion with a grade of C or better of college level mathematics course and a lab science course. Those who do not meet the mathematics requirement must successfully complete MATH 104 and MATH 105 in the School of Arts and Sciences. Those who do not meet the science requirement must take a one semester course in a lab science (biology, chemistry, physics or geology).
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), except applicants who are certified teachers or school administrators and hold a graduate degree.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.