The prevalence of ASD continues to grow. This means that the need for educators trained in understanding the specific neurological development and behavior of students with ASD is also growing.
In the Autism Spectrum Disorders program at Grand Canyon University , students immerse themselves in brain-based learning techniques and life skill teaching strategies.Graduates of this masters in autism degree program will study the special transitional skills needed to help student with ASD transition from school to independent living.
The proven and innovative approaches in this MA in Autism Spectrum Disorders are delivered by faculty and staff who are experts in the field. In addition, graduates will complete field study and internships in order to apply techniques directly.
The program concludes with a portfolio of work outlining the graduate’s competency in the field as an ASD specialist.
This online program allows GCU students to continue working while pursuing a professional degree. In addition, financial aid and scholarships are available to help future ASD specialists follow their calling in this support field.
The need for people with high-specialized special education training is growing. With this masters in autism degree, you may be able to find work as a(n):
- ASD specialist
- Behavior specialist
- Classroom teacher
- Resource room or special day class teacher
- Child development specialist
- Child advocate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the College of Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Brain-Based Learning
- Foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Methods and Assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Special Education View 156 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
National545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.