The prevalence of ASD continues to grow. This means that the need for educators trained in understanding the specific neurological development and behavior of students with ASD is also growing.
In the Autism Spectrum Disorders program at Grand Canyon University, students immerse themselves in brain-based learning techniques and life skill teaching strategies.Graduates of this masters in autism degree program will study the special transitional skills needed to help student with ASD transition from school to independent living.
The proven and innovative approaches in this MA in Autism Spectrum Disorders are delivered by faculty and staff who are experts in the field. In addition, graduates will complete field study and internships in order to apply techniques directly.
The program concludes with a portfolio of work outlining the graduate’s competency in the field as an ASD specialist.
This online program allows GCU students to continue working while pursuing a professional degree. In addition, financial aid and scholarships are available to help future ASD specialists follow their calling in this support field.
The need for people with high-specialized special education training is growing. With this masters in autism degree, you may be able to find work as a(n):
- ASD specialist
- Behavior specialist
- Classroom teacher
- Resource room or special day class teacher
- Child development specialist
- Child advocate
- Graduate Studies in the College of Education
- Educational Research
- Brain-Based Learning
- Foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Methods and Assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Sciences Special Education View 245 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE
International18304 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 2 months.
National18304 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.