Evening classes accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals and open pathways through which full-time students can explore internships in international organizations, consulting firms and government agencies in Washington D.C. The MIEP alumni network provides professional internship and job opportunities for students from all over the world.
The International Economic Policy program offered by George Washington University provides analytical rigor and tailored professional specializations to help students pursue challenging careers in the private sector, public sector and non-profit organizations.
What You'll Study
MIEP students focus on international trade, international macroeconomics and development economics during their first year. Students also take courses in accounting, corporate finance and quantitative analysis that help provide them with critical advantages in the job market. The program culminates in a two-semester capstone sequence in which small teams work on a contemporary policy or business issue.
MIEP students can take graduate courses across The George Washington University including in the Elliott School of International Affairs, the Department of Economics, the School of Business and the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Survey of Economic Development
- Survey of International Trade Theory and Policy
- Survey of International Macroeconomics and Finance Theory and Policy
- Probability and Statistics for Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy View 369 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) letters are required. Applicants should submit one (1) academic letter from a professor and one (1) professional reference.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose:
- A resumé or curriculum vitae is required.
- Two (2) semesters of Introductory Economics (one semester each of Micro- and Macroeconomics) or one (1) semester of Principles of Economics is required at the time of application.
International1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.