The program provides students with advanced training in research, theory and practice related to both Indigenous education, as broadly defined, as well as the process of schooling.
The primary audience for this degree are those working in Indian education, for tribal nations with education programs, and those interested in Indigenous education. Because the Center for Indian Education is housed in the School of Social Transformation with faculty that collaborate with colleagues nationally, internationally and across ASU campuses, students have access to a wealth of additional resources at the master's degree level, which allow them to develop a final project that best fits their specific professional aspirations.
Graduates of the Indigenous Education MA program from Arizona State University can pursue careers in education, government or nonprofit organizations. Graduates can also work as researchers or policy analysts at educational policy centers, K-12 schools and universities, and within community-based organizations.
- Critical Indigenous Research Methodologies
- Indigenous Knowledges in Education
- Current Issues in American Indian Education
- History of American Indian Education
- Language/Literacy of Indigenous Peoples
- Community - Based Participatory Action Research
- Learning Technologies in Native Education
- Culture and Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 138 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor’s degree in a related field or a master’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of 3.00 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in the applicable master's degree. Applicants that are particularly strong in other areas may be considered for provisional admission if their GPA is a 2.8 or higher. No exceptions will be made for applicants whose GPA is below a 2.8 cumulative.
- Graduate admission application and application fee
- Official transcripts
- Letter of intent
- Example of writing
- Professional resume
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English
International14200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 USD per year during 12 months.
National14200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12888 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.