Policies stressing circularity in our economy is becoming ever more important. Understanding the economic implications is critical for assessing the policies.
The market structure and performance of the value chain, in combination with technical change, influence- and are influenced by circular bioeconomic policies. A company that wants to succeed in the circular bioeconomy must be prepared for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
This Economics and Policies for a Circular Bio-Economy MicroMaster Program from Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX will help you understand the basic economics of a circular biobased economy.
You will learn to carry out economic assessments of the benefits and costs of new biobased technologies, in a dynamic value chain, where feedback occurs between different actors such as between retailers and food processors.
At the end of the MicroMasters programme, in the last course, you will perform a capstone project in which you apply the knowledge from all courses to your own business case. This will give you the opportunity to receive feedback from experts in the field of circular bioeconomy economics and policies.
Completion of this MicroMasters programme in Business and Economics for a Circular BioEconomy will provide you with knowledge and tools to analyse the economics and policy sides of converting biological resources into biobased products. Upon earning the programme certificate, you will be able to contribute substantially to managerial decision-making, as well as policy development.
- This programme is intended for those currently working in biobased industries, industries that are transitioning to the circular biobased economy, or related non-profit and governmental institutions
- Careers in industries such as: (bio)chemical industry, agri-food water companies, energy producers, logistics, and related governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Exciting career opportunities for traditionally and newly trained: (Bio)chemical engineers, process engineers, supply chain managers, product managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and business developers in a biobased business
- Research scientist, Microbiologist, Bioprocess specialist
- EU employment in the biobased sector accounts for 13.8 million jobs
- The US biobased products Industry Contributes $369 Billion and 4 Million Jobs to American economy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- From Fossil Resources to Biomass: A Chemistry Perspective
- Circular Economy: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Economics and Policies in a Biobased Economy
- Capstone Business and Economics for a Circular Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 38 other Masters in Business Administration in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.