These courses of study provide you with an enhanced understanding of persons with exceptional needs in schools and in larger society.
The second option is for the preparation of teachers who will serve children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in widely diverse settings, including public and private schools, hospitals and clinics, or as consultants to schools, families and other educational agencies. This option is 100% online study.
We offer a master degree in K-12 Special Education at the University of Central Missouri. The need for highly qualified special education teachers is increasing as never before. The last two decades has been a period of critical shortage of special education teachers across the United States.
It is estimated that the United States will need an additional 15,000 teachers per year over the next several years to meet the needs of the ever-growing population of special needs children entering America’s schools. Anyone pursuing a career in this area of professional preparation will have little difficulty finding rewarding employment after graduation.
Why Choose UCM
Both of the MSE Degree options feature:
- In-depth instruction in human diversity
- Advanced study in an area of critical need
- Adherence to the Advanced Standards of the Council for Exceptional Children
- Classes that are offered nights, weekends, online and at UCM-Lee's Summit
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Evaluation of Students with Disabilities
- Internship in Special Education
- Introduction to Research
- Childhood Research and Development
- Introduction to Graduate Study in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
All application materials should be received by Graduate Studies at least three weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 916 other Masters in Education in United States
- To apply for admission to a master’s degree program at UCM you must have a bachelor’s degree. To apply to an Education Specialist’s degree program you must have a master’s degree.
- Prerequisite degrees must be from institutions accredited by agencies recognized by the University of Central Missouri.
- If you have graduate coursework you must have a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher to be admitted to a graduate program.
- Some graduate programs at UCM require standardized tests, such as the GRE or GMAT, and some require a minimum GPA, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or other materials.
International365 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 365 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National365 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 365 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.