The students of the Emergency and Crisis Management program of University of Central Florida will develop core competencies, including: resiliency, hazard mitigation and analysis, disaster response and recovery, emergency preparedness and planning, fiscal management, communication, intergovernmental administration, geographic information systems, legal and ethical decision making, cultural competency and diversity, and general emergency management.
The frequency of man-made and natural disasters has dramatically increased since the 1990s; emergency and disaster declarations in the U.S. reflect it. Florida is the fifth highest state with 67 major disaster declarations between 1953 and 2015. For communities to be prepared for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate these disasters, an educated workforce of emergency management specialists is required. Students in UCF’s Master in Emergency and Crisis Management program will learn and demonstrate the competencies required to lead and manage in this dynamic and complex profession.
The Emergency and Crisis Management MECM may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format.
- Hazard Analysis and Disaster Planning
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Managing Emergencies and Crises
- Public Sector Communications
- Cross-Sectoral Governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Emergency & Disaster Management View 93 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation specifically for the MECM program. Letters of recommendation should be from professors, researchers, or professional administrators who can attest to the applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate coursework and his or her work ethic.
- Résumé: The most current, professional resume should be provided.
- Statement of goals.
- Applicants applying to this program who have attended a college/university outside the United States must provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation.
- All International students must meet university minimum TOEFL requirements regardless of the language in which the undergraduate program was completed.
International42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13284 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 369 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.