Designed for the working professional
Delivered in a hybrid format, with course content delivered primarily online with occasional face-to-face meetings at WIU’s Quad Cities campus in Moline. The hybrid delivery provides the best of both worlds — the interaction and personal attention of face-to-face class meetings and the flexibility of online learning. Students who enroll full-time can complete their degree in 17 months while continuing to work full-time.
Provides practical, applied knowledge and skills
Focus is on content that can be readily applied in your community. Courses taught by faculty and staff with extensive on-the-ground experience working with local communities on development issues. Furthermore, the program draws on the expertise of practitioners and thought leaders in the development field as adjunct and guest faculty.
Offered by the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs
This professional Community and Economic Development degree program at Western Illinois University is being offered by the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA), a unique WIU department with more than 25 years of experience engaging with communities in outreach programs. IIRA operates several award winning programs including MAPPING the Future (a strategic visioning program), the Peace Corps Fellows programs (an internship program for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers), and the Midwest Community Development Institute (a training program for community and economic development professionals).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses will be taught by faculty and staff at the IIRA, with advanced degrees in sociology, economics, geography/planning, marketing, business administration, and public administration.
- Faculty and staff also have extensive on-the-ground experience working with communities and local practitioners.
- Faculty and staff have held many leadership positions in professional organizations and served on the boards of state and federal policy groups.
- Furthermore, to ensure grounding in the latest community issues and approaches, practitioners and thought leaders in the field will serve as adjunct faculty and lead presentations, discussions, and online modules.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesMarketing Strategic Management View 254 other Masters in Marketing in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S.
- Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.