You'll study best practice models and methods for effectively planning for the delivery of health care services and their marketing. You’ll hear from experts in the field on the best approaches for health care leadership, decision-making and accountability. Our faculty will guide you through the study and application of health care-specific courses such as law, compliance, risk management, finance, human resource management, strategic planning and managerial epidemiology.
Our semester-long internship will help you practice and elevate your skills in the field. Looking to transition from the direct-care side to the managerial side? Our project-based field experience or applied research project will help you make that transition by demonstrating your leadership effectiveness and knowledge of patient care.
This Health Administration program from Central Michigan University is offered by the distinguished Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions in a flexible online format.
Careers & Outcomes
Possible careers with this master's degree include hospital administrator, long-term care director, group practice manager, senior department manager, and community and public health managers.
- Healthcare Administration and Ethical Compliance
- Healthcare Operations and Structures
- Healthcare Law, Compliance and Risk Management
- Health Economics and Policy Implication
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Planning & Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Statistics for Health Professionals
- Managerial Epidemiology
- Health Informatics and Quality Improvement
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Consideration for Scholarships: Dec. 1
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 2312 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International11793 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 48 months.
National9256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.