The intensive 16-month program is designed as a rigorous, immersive experience for the most motivated students, preparing graduates for top doctoral programs or arts careers. The curriculum comprises two Foundations courses (Practices of Art History and History of Materials and Techniques), five master’s seminars that explore a body of material or research question that draw on faculty members’ areas of expertise, and a practicum in which students design and carry out an original project in the form of a scholarly essay, a small exhibition, a collaboration with a practicing artist, a conservation project, archival research or a data-driven art history project. Practicum projects may be carried out in collaboration with partner institutions including the Dallas Museum of Art, the Crow Collection of Asian Art, the Nasher Sculpture Center and The Warehouse.
- Graduates of the Art History program at University of Texas at Dallas seek positions such as: educator; art historian; museum professional; researcher; collections manager; arts non profit professional; and various positions in research or an advanced level of professional practice.
- Practices of Art History
- History of Materials and Techniques
- Topics in Art History
- Topics in Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- Topics in Decorative Arts
- Topics in the History of New Media
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 664 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 16 months.
National22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 16 months.
In-State12344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6172 USD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.