The M.S./Ph.D. program at University of North Carolina Greensboro is designed to allow students to progress through the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees faster than if the student completed the M.S. and Ph.D. programs individually. The M.S./Ph.D. program contains the same core requirements of the individuals M.S. and Ph.D. programs with respect to ERM coursework, but gains efficiency by removing redundancies between the individual M.S. and Ph.D. programs completed separately.
The M.S./Ph.D. program is intended for individuals seeking a Ph.D. in Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation who have not previously completed a graduate degree (e.g., master’s degree) in a related field (e.g., quantitative methods, evaluation, or statistics). Students are expected to have taken at least an introductory course in statistics, but may have undergraduate training in a broad range of disciplines that include, but are not limited to, education, psychology, mathematics, statistics, and other fields in the behavioral and health sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Validity and Validation
- Methods of Educational Research
- Evaluation of Educational Programs
- Foundations of Educational Measurement Theory
- Survey Research in Education
- Foundations of Qualitative Research
- Intermediate Statistical Methods in Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 228 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or appropriately-evaluated credentials for non-U.S. schools.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate or in a post-baccalaureate program: “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better.
- Approval of the academic department in which the graduate student will major. (Assumes an undergraduate major appropriate to the proposed graduate study.)
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 36 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.