The Master of Science or Master of Arts degree in Applied Anthropology at University of North Texas teaches you to take informed and thoughtful action as a street-level practitioner, administrator, agency-based researcher or program evaluator. A dual degree is also available in Applied Anthropology and Public Health through a cooperative effort with the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth. The master's programs also prepare you to enter a doctoral program.
The Department of Anthropology offers several unique advantages including:
- Many opportunities to collaborate on projects with a variety of organizations including corporations and social service agencies
- Faculty members who are applied anthropologists with geographic focuses on Africa, Europe, India, Latin America, North America, Oceania and the Middle East
- Flexibility to take classes online or on campus (We offer the nation's first online master's program in Applied Anthropology.)
- Faculty members who are engaged in building networks around the diverse applications of anthropology in the North Texas region
- Prime location in one of the nation's largest urban areas for applied research projects such as those involving health issues of ethnic minorities, migrants and refugees from all over the world
- Conservation strategies in mountain ecosystems
- Factors that influence food insecurity
- Outreach and educational attainment of Latinos
- Violence and refugees
- Virtual communication and collaboration in the workplace
- Visual and media anthropology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anthropology of Education
- Business, Technology and Design Anthropology
- Crossing Borders: Migration, Religion, Identities
- Environmental and Ecological Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Anthropology Environmental Sciences View 1161 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Completed ApplyTexas application form
- Completed departmental application form
- GRE scores
- Transcripts of all attended colleges
- Statement of purpose
- Scholarly writing sample from your undergraduate career or any research you have completed since graduation
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic record
International30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30164 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30164 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22568 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs,.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.