The Atmospheric Sciences - Accelerated Master's Program degree offered by the University of Arizona is well suited for students who aim to gain research experience at the graduate level, and are interested in pursuing a career in atmospheric sciences. This program is currently open only to students doing a Bachelor of Science in Physics.
This program is not open to students who have completed a Bachelor degree or an advanced degree from another institution.
AMP students focus on completing undergraduate-level courses during their first three years. By December of the junior year students must submit an online application to the AMP program.
Upon acceptance to the Accelerated Masters Program, students continue to fulfill undergraduate requirements during the Spring of the junior year including the required AMP course "PHYS436a". Students then take a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses in the fourth year to complete their Bachelor of Science degree.
During this time, the students also begin to develop their research ideas in preparation for graduate-level research. In the fifth and final year, students focus on graduate course work and their research-based thesis/manuscript in order to complete the requirements for the Master of Science degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- Atmospheric Chemistry & Aerosols
- Changes in Hydrologic Extremes Under a Warmer Climate
- Climate & Global Change
- COSMOS Soil Moisture Measurement
- Improving Monsoon Predictability
- Integrated Evaluations and Applications of the NASA MERRA Reanalysis Data
- Land Processes in the NCAR CCSM
- Land Processes in the NCEP Weather Forecasting Model
- Lightning & Atmospheric Electricity
- Radiation & Remote Sensing
- Tropical Meteorology and Tropical Cyclones
- Weather Analysis & Predictability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 58 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- Scanned copies of original transcripts; There is no need to send original transcripts with official seal and signature unless you are accepted into our program.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (submitted online)
- GRE Scores
- Scanned copies of TOEFL Report of Scores: Minimum 550 or 95
- A statement of interest indicating your research preferences
- (Optional) Completed ATMO Graduate Assistantship Application form
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Attempt to support all students as Research or Teaching Assistants
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.