Our program prepares graduates for mental health counseling licensure in Massachusetts and in other states.
In addition to core courses in counseling techniques, psychopathology, career counseling, psychopharmacology and psychological assessment, students will be exposed to specialty areas of how to counsel those who have experienced physical, emotional, and sexual trauma, people and families impacted by chronic illness, and those embarking on end of life concerns.At the completion of this program students will be able to:
- Understand qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-methods research studies.
- Critically analyze peer-reviewed literature.
- Examine the most appropriate methods and understand different types of research designs, including survey, experimental, and quasi-experimental.
- Students will design, conduct, write, and present new psychological research.
- Analyze several different aspects of human development, including, but not limited to: cognitive development, social development, and emotional development.
- Evaluate the impact of mental health issues on society at micro and macro levels.
- Explore various types of trauma (physical, sexual, emotional), and how they affect individuals, couples, families, and groups differently.
- Analyze literature on mental health diagnoses, psychopharmacology, trauma, and resiliency.
- Evaluate the psychological, sociological, and biological concerns related to aging.
- Analyze attitudes, reactions, values, and beliefs about death, dying and grief across cultures in the United States.
- Understand counseling theories and how they apply to clinical practice
- Apply core counseling techniques to a wide variety of clinical issues and presentations.
- Comprehend and abide ethical codes of conduct for professional counseling practices.
- Demonstrate competency in crisis situations.
- Counseling Theory
- Counseling Techniques
- Group Therapy
- Advanced Human Development
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Crisis Intervention and Disaster Mental Health
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 907 other Masters in Psychology in United States
For more information please visit the university's website.
International30389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30389 USD per year and a duration of 9 months.
National30389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30389 USD per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.