While at Yeshiva University, Speech-Language Pathology students participate in four clinical externships, learn how to conduct telehealth sessions and gain clinical experience under the guidance of faculty, supervisors and mentors. Within the coursework, students utilize technology, such as endoscopy, electrical stimulation and ultrasound, to assist with the diagnosis of voice, speech and swallowing disorders.
They also obtain the necessary counseling skills to support families facing a challenging diagnosis. In addition, students have the opportunity to attend professional conferences, contribute to scholarly publications and integrate evidence-based practice into clinical practice.
- Gain experience in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of pediatric through geriatric patients
- Conduct clinical fieldwork in a range of healthcare settings, including early-intervention centers, schools, private practices, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals
- Prepare to participate in professional conferences and academic publications
- Obtain clinical training within the Katz Community Virtual Clinic as well as external externships
- Clinical Speech Language Pathology
- Topics in Speech Language Pathology
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech & Vocal Mechanism
- Acoustics and Psychoacoustics
- Geriatric Dysphagia & Airway Management
- Neuromotor Speech Disorders
- Counseling and Communicating with Patients and Families
- Endoscopy and Management of Head/Neck Cancer
- 30 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 226 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Candidates for the M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and have all prerequisite coursework.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement demonstrating a commitment to contribute to and complete the program
- Two recommendation letters
- TOEFL (if applicable)
- GRE scores are preferred but not required
- Proof of completion for 25 observation hours signed by a licensed and ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist
International34980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1590 USD per credit during 30 months.
National34980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1590 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.