The Performance Program at Duquesne University is Unique
- The GRAMMY Award-winning faculty are networked into the international music industry and know exactly what it takes to be successful in careers from the concert hall to the recording studio, sound stage, or outdoor music festival.
- In addition to curricular concerts and events, students have opportunities to perform professionally in multiple ensembles including the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Opera and Ballet Orchestras, and Pittsburgh Jazz Orchestra, to name a few.
- Performance majors at both undergraduate and graduate levels have the opportunity to pursue an emphasis in jazz studies.
- Our students benefit from master classes presented by internationally-recognized music experts and guest artists.
- The Institute of Entertainment, Music, and Media Arts (IEMMA) allows you to engage in real-world activities and connect with industry-leading professionals while on campus.
- Through coursework and internships, performance majors learn to manage the business and promotional aspects of professional music-making.
- The graduates succeed.
A degree in Music Performance provides you with the real-world skills you need for success in a competitive and demanding professional environment. Simply put, you will learn from artist-teachers who are networked into the music industry from New York to LA, from Beijing to Sydney, and across Europe. Work alongside solo artists, recording artists, contractors, entrepreneurs, members of military ensembles, composers and arrangers, and many more.
- Music Theory or History
- Applied Music
- Large Ensemble
- Brass Choir or Chamber Music–Brass
- Percussion Ensemble
- Orchestral Repertoire & Literature–Percussion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply, simply create a user profile and submit an application. There is no application fee. Upon submission, your applicant portal is populated with required checklist items including a prompt to schedule an audition. In addition to official transcripts, graduate applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation, and a C.V. or resume.
- You must register for an audition through your Applicant Portal.
- The performance audition will require you to present an Audition Portfolio as well as some musical elements live on-demand (e.g., scales, arpeggios, and sight-reading) before a faculty committee.
- All application materials and official documentation (transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal essay) must be provided in English. Also, we require utilizing a foreign credentialing service such as WES or ECE.
International27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1824 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1824 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.