The Emergency Management program at The City University of New York includes preparing for, responding to, recovering from, and mitigating future losses from the broad range of threats including natural and public health hazards and man-made or technological events.
The program includes courses in emerging technologies, legal and organizational frameworks, and necessary knowledge to design and implement effective programs to reduce the toll that disasters and other emergencies take on individuals, organizations, and society in complex urban environments. This program is consistent with the College's long-standing mission in public safety, and graduate emergency management courses already offered at the College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geographic Information Systems for Public Safety and Emergency Management
- Technology in Emergency Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- Seminar in Emergency Management and Response
- Safety and Security in the Built Environment
- Risk Analysis and Loss Prevention
- Introduction to Protection Management Systems
- Security of Information and Technology
- Theory and Design of Fire Protection Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 50 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or an international equivalent
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher ( or meet contingency requirements as determined by the program on a case-by-case basis)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or IELTS, is required for international applicants who have not studied in English-speaking countries. John Jay College's TOEFL code number is 2115-99.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.