Candidates of the Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee experience and participate in hands-on, classroom-based field work and student teaching in middle and high schools. By successfully completing the program, you will meet the Wisconsin teacher certification requirements for grades 6 through 12 (EAA).
ABC Pathway To STEM Teacher Education Program — MACSTEP 2.0 Is Designed For
- Post-baccalaureates (who already have a degree in science, mathematics or engineering) who want to become certified to teach through videoconferencing technology, or attending on-campus courses, or a combination of both.
- Post-baccalaureates who want certification, but also wish to complete many of their credits for a Masters Degree, and finish the M.S. shortly after beginning their first teaching job.
- Post-baccalaureate from anywhere in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois.
- Veterans, active military, Guards and Reserve — this program compliments the Department of Defense Troops to Teachers.
- Teachers on an emergency, or substitute license, teaching at a public or private school, who wish to obtain a science or mathematics teaching license.
For post-baccalaureates, and contracted but unlicensed teachers – If you have a science, mathematics, or engineering degree and wish to obtain a science or mathematics teaching license, or if you are unlicensed and teaching on-the-job, you can join our certification program from any location within Wisconsin and complete the certification program within one year, while working full time. Our highly acclaimed program, MACSTEP 2.0, is now using videoconferencing technology so future mathematics and science teachers can participate in real-time classes from home, or their school, using a camera on their computer, and a reliable Wi-Fi connection in order to Zoom into class.
You will be interacting with a cohort of certification students and the instructors, while working through modules and assignments in order to complete course credits and fieldwork experiences. You can complete fieldwork and student teaching close to where you live, or at your on-the-job school while functioning as an unlicensed contracted teacher.
Why ABC Pathway To STEM Teacher Education Program — MACSTEP 2.0 Science Teaching?
- World class, cutting-edge and research-based teacher education curriculum taught by expert and experienced science educators.
- Become fully equipped to teach in Wisconsin and beyond with a focus on Next Generation Science Standards and high-cognitive demand tasks that engage all learners.
- Quality field experience supervisors and exceptional cooperating teachers.
- Earn your certification in three semesters (summer, fall, spring) with flexible and convenient evening and summer course offerings with cohorts of students and instructors.
- Rigorous preparation for future employment in a variety of settings working with diverse groups of students.
- Perfect for a diverse array of students, including traditional undergraduates or transfer students, career changers who already hold a bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree candidates seeking a license to teach.
- Cooperative Strategies for Pre and Early Adolescents
- Science Methods: Middle/Secondary Methods and Fieldwork
- Reading in the Content Areas: Middle, Junior, and Senior High School
- Improving Science Teaching and Learning
- Current Topics in Educational Psychology
- Inclusion for Secondary Science and Math Educators
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology STEM Education View 24 other Masters in STEM Education in United States
- 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- 2.75 Grade Point Average in all Science Content Courses
- Additional Undergraduate Requirements for Admission, See Academic Advisor
- Add-on Requirements, See Science Program Director
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Reasons Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $75 application fee
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.