At the Robert Gordon University studying the MSc Analytical Science - Food Analysis, Authenticity and Safety degree you will benefit from the use of modern analytical equipment, and a real insight into the latest developments and challenges facing the industry. Your coursework will be underpinned by research, and industry-input, providing you with the best platform from which to deliver relevant and up-to-date analytical science services as a well-prepared graduate.
Graduates gain employment in a wide range of areas such as research, project management and analytical services associated with a range of industries including distillation, pharmaceutical, oilfield chemistry, food/drink analysis and environmental science.
Graduates may also go on to further their academic career by seeking doctoral studies either within Robert Gordon University, when funding and suitable vacancies are available, or the rest of the UK, EU or internationally.
- Professional Skills And Techniques
- Laboratory Work
- Instrumental Analytical Sciences
- Food Analysis, Authenticity & Safety
- Environmental Analysis
- Drug Analysis And Toxicology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesPublic Health Food Sciences View 110 other Masters in Food Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree in a relevant science subject area and to include Chemistry including (but not restricted to) Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or Life Sciences.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International16440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16440 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Rest of the UK and EU: £6,920 per entire course
Part-Time per year
- National: £2,750
- Rest of the UK and EU:£3,460
- International: £8,220
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.