Thus, the Health Education program of study enables students to prepare, through the selection of courses in required areas and through elective course work, for professional practice as a health education specialist in community, hospital, school or workplace settings. The M.A. degree may serve as an entry-level professional credential for a career in health education or may serve to prepare qualified students to go on for more advanced professional study in health education or other health-related fields.
Completion of the degree program makes graduates eligible to qualify for certification as a Certified Health Education Specialist through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is also appropriate for in-service teachers who wish to continue their professional preparation and become eligible for permanent teaching certification in the special area of health in the State of New York.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral and Social Science Foundations of Health Education
- Principles of Epidemiology in Health Promotion
- Principles of Health-Related Behavioral & Social Change: Initiation to Maintenance
- Determinants of Health Behavior
- Planning Health Education Programs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences View 1121 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.