The Geographic Information Science program at The City University of New York leads to a Master's of Science in GISc, and requires 40 credits of coursework.
The curriculum of the MS-GISc program is comprised of three key elements: 4 core courses (14 credits), 5-6 electives (18 credits), and an 8-credit capstone research experience, with options for either a traditional Master's Thesis, or a combination of an applied research project and professional experience through an internship, (PEAR option –Professional Experience and Applied Research-PSM) for a total of 40 credits to complete the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Geographic Information Science
- Principles and Applications in Remote Sensing
- Geostatistics and Spatial Analytical Concepts
- Special Topics in Geographic Information Systems
- Biogeography and GISc
- Raster Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 490 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university; have demonstrated the potential to successfully pursue graduate study, that is, have attained a minimum undergraduate grade point average of B (3.0), depending on the program.
- $75 fee for Degree-Seeking programs
- in order to obtain a complete educational history, official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions (colleges and universities) attended are required. Transcripts from colleges where you earned your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree must show proof of degree and date conferred.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.