Gerontologists from the University of Utah work in hospitals, independent living and long-term care facilities, clinical practices, counseling centers, hospice services, home health services, research universities and community and government agencies. Some also manage or serve as consultants to healthcare facilities or private companies geared to the needs of older people. They often travel to treat patients at home, assess living conditions and meet with caregivers and family members.
Examples of Job Opportunities Available for Masters of Science in Gerontology Graduates
- Aging-related non-profit organization manager
- Adult Day Program Coordinator
- Aging & Adult Services Manager
- Continuing Care Retirement Community manager
- Director of Area Agencies on Aging
- Educational Gerontologist
- Lifelong Learning Specialist
- Geriatric Care Manager
- Grant Writer
- Home Care Agency Administrator
- Interior Designer – Gerontology specialization
- Recreational Therapist
- Research associate
- In-Home Services Program Director, County Commission on Aging
- Strategic Policy Analyst/Advisor
- Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Director of Senior Center
- Assisted Living Manager
- Nursing-home administrator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Aging
- Service Agencies and Programs for Older Adults
- Research Methods in Aging
- Health and Optimal Aging
- Social and Public Policy and Aging
- Physiology and Psychology of Aging
- Gerontology Practicum
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1157 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed application for graduate admission
- Transcripts from ANY and ALL colleges and universities attended, including the University of Utah, must be uploaded as part of the graduate application.
- Evidence of a bachelors degree from a regionally accredited university or college
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Three professional references
- Professional goal statement
International17780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8890 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National17780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8890 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
In-State5030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2515 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.