Through academic study, public service experience, and partnerships with faculty in scholarly endeavors, students acquire professional and political knowledge and skills that prepare them for public service careers in inspection and oversight organizations. Students will also be equipped to advance the study of public administration through research and community service.
Students enrolled in the Inspection and Oversight program at The City University of New York are required to complete 42 course credits. Students also must pass the qualifying examination (MPAQE), which is administered as a part of PAD 700. Complete information about the MPAQE is found here. Students are advised to complete PAD 700 and the two other core foundation courses, PAD 702 and PAD 723, within the first 15 credits of matriculation.
Along with a 21-credit required core, students take a research methods course and fulfill a quantitative methods and information management requirement. A 3-course specialization is also required, along with 2 elective courses.
Specializations are offered in the following fields:
- Forensic Accounting
- Organizational Assessment and Monitoring
- International Inspection and Oversight
- Investigation and Operational Inspection
- Law and Inspection and Oversight
- Justice Policy and Oversight (Honors Specialization)
- Independent and Contractual Inspection and Oversight
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ethics, Integrity and Accountability
- Public Administration
- Public Sector Inspection and Oversight
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 513 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you are applying to the Master of Public Administration - Public Policy & Administration (On-campus or Online) or Master of Public Administration Inspection and Oversight (On-campus or Online) program, a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher is expected.
- Applicants with undergraduate GPAs lower than 3.0 may be required by the Admission Committee to submit GRE scores with their applications.
- The Graduate Admissions Committee seeks students whose writing skills and record of performance at the undergraduate level indicate they are likely to do well in graduate school.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.