The MPA in Inspection and Oversight program at The City University of New York celebrates the diversity of our students, including those underrepresented in the leadership of public service.
The program offers specializations in Forensic Accounting, International Inspection and Oversight, Investigation and Operational Inspection, Organizational Assessment and Monitoring, Law and Inspection and Oversight, and Independent and Contractual Inspection and Oversight.
This program may also be completed fully online.
Students enrolled in the MPA in Inspection and Oversight Program are required to complete 42 course credits. Students are also required to pass the qualifying examination (MPAQE), which is administered as a part of PAD 700. Complete information about the MPAQE may be found at the John Jay College website at http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/mpa-qualifying-exam-student-guide.
Students are advised to complete PAD 700 and two other core foundation courses, PAD 706 and PAD 723, within the first 15 credits of matriculation. Failure to complete any of the requirements described in the paragraph above will result in a student not being permitted to register for future classes without the explicit permission of the program director.
- Public Administration
- Assessments, Audits and Investigations in Human Resources
- Public Sector Inspection and Oversight
- Public Sector Accounting and Auditing
- Ethics, Integrity and Accountability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Human Resource Management View 298 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- If you are applying to the Master of Public Administration in Inspection and Oversight (On-campus or Online) program, a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher is expected.
- Applicants with undergraduate GPAs lower than 3.0 may be required by the Graduate Admissions Committee to submit GRE scores with their applications. In addition, applicants should have completed 18 undergraduate credits in the social sciences, including undergraduate statistics.
- The Graduate Admissions Committee seeks students whose writing skills and record of performance at the undergraduate level indicate they are likely to do well in graduate school. Students may be conditionally admitted but must complete the required courses within the first year of the program unless a Degree Completion Plan approved by the program director provides otherwise.
International35910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National35910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.