Our Costume Technology students are treated as equals in design and production meetings and collaborate with their team from concept meetings through to the stage. In the final year, you complete either a research-based or production-based thesis project.Additionally, you will demonstrate a comprehensive portfolio of skills.
Emphasized skills include: productive methods of research, effective collaborative and communication, a mature professional process, and a rich understanding of the breadth and depth of costume technology, both historical and current.Our Costume Technology students are assigned as cutter/draper on at least four productions during their tenure in the program. Our students also receive production experience by being first hands, stitchers, or crafts people on the departmental productions.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Special Topics in Costume Technology
- Design Research and Collaboration
- Fabric Modification
- Portfolio Seminar for Costume Technology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National on rolling
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 332 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are admitted to the program after proving competency as shown by your portfolio, statement of goals, and required onsite interview. The Design and Technology Faculty Committee selects candidates based on judgments of portfolio, writing quality, and professional potential.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 36 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.