Our Hispanic Literatures (Spanish) students come from a plurality of ethnic and national backgrounds. They receive close mentorship and leave with a solid degree that prepares them for a dynamic academic career as scholars and teachers.
The Department offers professional workshops and colloquia on publishing, teaching and interviewing. In addition, regular series of works-in-progress presentations allow graduate students to develop sustained research agendas and ready themselves for conference participation. Travel funds are available to students to present their papers at conferences in the US and abroad.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Theory and Criticism
- Spanish Medieval Literature
- Spanish Literature of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
- Spanish Literature of the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
- Spanish Literature of the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries
- Colonial Spanish American Literature
- Nineteenth- and Early Twentieth-Century Spanish American Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 807 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Statement of Purpose - Provide a statement (approximately 500 words) that identifies your academic goals (graduate study and research), career objectives, why you are applying to this program, and the qualifications that make you a strong candidate for this program.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.