IU History and Library Science offers a thriving graduate program. Each year, hundreds of talented students from across the globe compete for a spot in our doctoral and master’s degree programs, which rank consistently among the nation’s Top 10 among public universities, and Top 25 overall.
Their fellow graduate alumni include distinguished scholars teaching in colleges and universities around the world, as well as corporate executives, library and museum leaders, and distinguished public servants ranging from ambassadors to retired cabinet officials.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Library Science
- The history, theory, and practice of historical or social-science research and teaching methods
- The scholarship of teaching and learning history
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLibrary Science History View 114 other Masters in Library Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To pursue this degree, students must apply and be admitted to both the History Department for the M.A. and the School of Library and Information Science for the M.L.S. Sometimes students who have already begun one of the two degree programs wish to move into the dual degree program. To do this, application to the second unit must be made and admission must be granted before the completion of the first program.
International42445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42445 USD per year during 24 months.
National30690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10502 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.