About Rehabilitation Counseling at The University of Iowa
Our Rehabilitation Counseling MA program will prepare you to be a professional counselor and provide assistance with psychological wellness through flexible, consumer-oriented therapy to individuals experiencing various problems in living, including mental disorders and substance abuse.
Graduates of our program learn to integrate their counseling skills with the psychosocial, medical, vocational, and multicultural aspects of disability. They develop ethically sound case management skills that allow them to provide services that address employment, including career development and placement, independent living, including disability management, transition and vocational assessment and community integration.
The MA in Rehabilitation Counseling prepares professional counselors to assist persons with psychiatric disabilities with their psychological wellness, employment, independent living, and personal or economic development.
- Making a Vocational-Educational Choice
- Parenting and Family Life
- Family Issues in Giftedness
- Psychology of Food and Mood
- Building Leadership and Success at Work
- Psychology of Body Modification and Self-Image
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications are accepted continuously for start in the fall semester.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 780 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- A statement of purpose, including a statement of your personal career objectives
- A current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International31254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31254 USD per year during 12 months.
National32887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32887 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13939 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13939 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.