The program requires a minimum of 34 s.h. of graduate credit with no thesis. Prerequisites for some of the required courses may mean that students will need to complete additional course work. Students are expected to maintain a minimum g.p.a. of 2.75 in all work for the degree. Courses are taught year round, and each course covers one month of instruction and one month of no instruction. Students can complete their M.A. in at least 24 months.
The master program degree in Psychological and Quantitative Foundations at The University of Iowa, provides students with education in the theories, research, and scholarship about the principles and foundational knowledge in counseling psychology. Students learn relevant psychological interventions, strategies, and remediation to work with people in order to effectively solve problems, respond to client situations, and plan for the future. Because there is no supervised practicum component to this degree, students who graduate with the M.A. are not eligible to practice counseling psychology or be licensed in the United States. However, students will be qualified to apply for doctoral programs in professional psychology and counseling fields such as clinical counseling, school psychology, counselor education, rehabilitation counseling, and school counseling.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Couple and Family Therapy
- Introduction to Counseling and Skills
- Health and Wellness Counseling Psychology
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Multicultural Counseling
- Design of Experiments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology View 901 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A Department of Sociology Application Statement
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International31232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31232 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31232 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9266 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.