About Biostatistics at The University of Iowa
The degree requirements and electives include biostatistics courses, statistics courses, and health-related courses. Program graduates successfully compete for positions in research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, and universities.
Upon completion of the M.S. in Biostatistics, the student should be prepared to function as a statistician or statistical consultant. Therefore the student must have an extensive understanding of statistical theory and practice and should be proficient in the application of statistical methods to one or more areas in the health sciences.
- Biostatistical Computing
- Biostatistical Methods
- Biostatistical Methods in Categorical Data
- Statistical Methods in Clinical Trials
- Preceptorship in Biostatistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 333 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- You must have earned a bachelor’s or professional degree
- You must have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0
- International students, except permanent residents, are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- You must have the ability to program in at least one computer language.
- You must have three collegiate-level courses in calculus
- A background of science, mathematics, or health sciences is recommended.
- Previous coursework or experience in statistical methods or data analysis is preferred
International31252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31252 USD per year during 24 months.
National31252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31252 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12305 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12305 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.