The mission of the Master of Science in Human-Canine Life Sciences degree program at the Bergin University of Canine Studies is to advance the competencies and expand the vision of post-baccalaureate canine professionals and enthusiasts with the expectation that as graduates they will further evolve and develop canine business and assistance dog roles, enjoy expanded job opportunities and mentor the relationship between humans and canines.
The program is designed to fuel students' thirst for more development in the theoretical and applied studies of human-canine relationships, expand their awareness of issues and concepts, enhance problem-solving abilities, and promote appreciation for the subject matter from a more knowledgeable context.
The career paths available to graduates earning a Master of Science in Canine Life Science include:
- Management roles in any canine-related business, humane society or human service organization
- Training and managing dogs for marketing and advertising campaigns or the entertainment industry
- Development of innovative dog products
- Enhancing representation of dogs in art, literature, and movies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Emotional Lives of Dogs and Other Animals
- A, B, C Introduction to Scholarly Inquiry and Research Methodology
- Human-Canine Cognition and Communication Compared
- Ethical, Moral and Legal Perspectives of Canine Training, Use and Ownership
- Evolution and Innovations of Dog-Human Partnerships
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences View 106 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bergin University of Canine Studies application
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- Proof of identity and photo
- An official transcript of an earned Bachelor's degree from a college or university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Personal Essay: One-two page essay explaining the student's interest and future goals related to the program of study.
- Two letters of reference; one personal, one professional
- Canine experience documentation: Applicants must have one year of documented experience (paid or unpaid) in a canine-related activity indicating extensive experience handling dog(s).
Living costs for Rohnert Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.