Be equipped to plant churches in whatever culture God calls you through your study of theological, theoretical and practical literatures.
The Intercultural Studies - Church Planting prioritizes
- Contextual learning–An integrated, holistic treatment of church planting draws upon fields of theology, history, sociology, ethics, anthropology, leadership and missiology. Assignments at Asbury Theological Seminary are specially crafted for the student’s present ministry context.
- Quality instruction–Classes are taught by world-class scholars who have years of experience in missions and global church planting.
- Lasting relationships–All classes are taken on-campus or online within a cohort of church planters, introducing you to a variety of peers.
- Predictable sequencing. The entire sequence of online and on-campus courses is mapped out, allowing you to plan for four short (1-2 week) trips to campus over three years.
- Scholarships. All in-ministry participants receive a $4,500 scholarship annually as funds are available. To qualify for as many financial assistance opportunities as possible, we highly recommend submitting a financial aid application during the admissions process.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 21 Century Church Planting
- Urban Church Planting
- Leading Change
- Anthropology for Mission Practice
- Theology of John Wesley
- Mentored Ministry in World Mission and Evangelism
- Mission of the Church in the World
- Christian Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 467 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Application (online at asbury.to/apply)
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- 2.75/4.0 GPA*
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal hostory essay (online)
- Four references (1 pastoral, 1 academic and 2 professional/peer references)
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Willow Street
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.