Focus your study in church history, doctrine, ethics, philosophy and systematic theology to develop a Wesleyan theological perspective. Throughout your study, you’ll gain the analytical framework needed to articulate, explain and defend Christian belief and faith credibly, morally and spiritually. Your fresh understanding of historic orthodoxy will allow you not only to enrich the believing community, but also to interact with a non-believing world.
This Theological Studies - Philosophy and Apologetics degree at Asbury Theological Seminary prepares you in the practical Christian disciplines needed for teaching in congregations, para-church organizations, Christian institutions or for pursuing a postgraduate degree.
Upon completing your degree you’ll demonstrate a fresh understanding of the essential content, historical development and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology. Your theological degree won’t be theory only. You’ll be able to apply those concepts to contemporary issues in Christian life and ministry.
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Cultivate holy love of God and neighbor through both knowledge and practice in the Christian disciplines of service and grace.
- Understand the essential content, historical development, and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology.
- Understand the scriptural basis, historical development, and contemporary relevance of the Wesleyan theological perspective.
- Relate Christian theology, history, philosophy, and ethics to contemporary issues and Christian ministry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Church History—One
- Christian Ethics
- Missional Formation
- Inductive Bible Study
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Theology of John Wesley
- New Testament Introduction
- Old Testament Introduction
- Church History-Two
- Philosophy of the Christian Religion
- Contemporary Theology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Application (online at asbury.to/apply)
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- 2.75/4.0 GPA*
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal hostory essay (online)
- Four references (1 pastoral, 1 academic and 2 professional/peer references)
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Willow Street
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.