The Education programme from University of Birmingham will be of interest to those keen to examine existing and alternative forms of Education within the context of social justice. We will examine recent writing, debates and media to discuss and evaluate current theory and research in selected areas of education policy.
You will learn how to translate knowledge gained from reading, discussion and writing into a detailed analysis of education policy and practice and consider how this impacts on under-represented or marginalised groups.
By the end of the MA, you will have developed the skills and the tools to be able to critically interrogate theoretical and policy debates concerning social and cultural change and assess their implications for creating an education system that is genuinely fair and works for all.
This programme has been specially developed to appeal to existing undergraduates in disciplines such as Education, Sociology and Social Policy and, to practitioners seeking to explore new or alternative approaches to thinking about Education.
Graduates would have the flexibility to use modules to progress to the EdD as well as other research programmes or may wish to consider job opportunities in sectors requiring knowledge of education policy, young people and social justice more broadly.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Education, Policy and Society
- Researching Education
- Citizenship, human rights and the environment
- Curriculum design in global contexts
- Cross cultural issues in SEND
- Education as an international issue
- Educational practices for social justice and enquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 819 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Applicants must have:
- a first degree at 2:1 level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- for speakers of English as a second language will be required to hold an IELTs 6.5 or equivalent
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- A postgraduate loans system for Masters degrees in the UK has been introduced for students. The government-backed student loans provide up to £10,609 for taught and research Masters courses in all subject areas
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.