At Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Contemplative Psychotherapy and Buddhist Psychology at Naropa University you’ll develop deep insights and connections, as well as outstanding mindfulness skills and awareness, using current humanistic psychological approaches to show up fully for yourself and others.
The root teaching of the master’s program in contemplative psychotherapy and Buddhist psychology is the notion of “brilliant sanity.” Practitioners of Buddhist psychology and contemplative psychotherapy become experts at recognizing sanity within even the most confused and distorted states of mind and nurturing it in themselves and in their clients. Our alumni earn doctoral degrees, establish new treatment programs, or go on to teach nationally and internationally.
Students at Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Contemplative Psychotherapy and Buddhist Psychology at Naropa University will:
- demonstrate knowledge of core counseling curriculum and proficiency in clinical counseling skills.
- demonstrate professional competence in counseling.
- recognize and point to moments of brilliant sanity in themselves and others.
- articulate core Buddhist teachings.
- integrate their understanding of Buddhist teachings with other counseling and psychology approaches and apply them in their clinical work.
- Opening Retreat
- Buddhist Psychology
- Group Process
- Social and Multicultural Foundations
- Career Development: Work, Transition, and Path
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 1254 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an Application
- Statement of Interest
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Year 3 - $7,500 per semester.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.