Our faculty is comprised of specialists in, to name a few: African and African Diaspora art; American art and architecture; American material culture; contemporary art and theory; Chinese art; curatorial studies; early modern European art; Islamic art and architecture; Japanese art; Medieval European art; print culture; photography, film, and video; vernacular architecture; Victorian art and material culture; and visual studies and critical theory.
We offer a master degree in Art History at the University of Wisconsin Madison. The department encourages the study of the global history of art, and material and visual culture while investigating works in all media from a wide range of periods and a variety of world cultures.
Students enjoy close interaction with their mentors and profit from superb resources for interdisciplinary research. Faculty members have international reputations in their specialties, regularly receive prestigious awards, lecture widely, and serve on major professional boards. Graduates of the department teach at the postsecondary level or pursue careers in museum and curatorial professions, private galleries and auction houses, library or archival work, architecture and historical preservation, and conservation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art History
- The Art of Diversity: Race And Representation in The Art And Visual Culture of The United States
- History of Western Art I: From Pyramids to Cathedrals
- Visual Cultures
- Global Arts
- The Ends of Modernism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 230 other Masters in Art History in United States
- While students may pursue a stand-alone M.A., those who wish to pursue a Ph.D. should apply directly to that program. Admission to either program is offered to applicants who have an outstanding undergraduate record of academic achievement
- The successful applicant typically presents both a compelling statement of purpose for graduate studies and an advanced research paper
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have taken the GRE recently (within five years of their application deadline). To be competitive in some subfields, applicants should have training in at least one foreign language
- Non-native English speakers must present TOEFL or IELTS scores
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.