Our purpose is to prepare outstanding teachers who can meet the challenges of today’s 21st century classrooms.
The Special Special Education - Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2) program at Manhattanville College supports the preparation of teacher candidates who demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the current trends and issues in the field of special education and understand the learning needs of students with disabilities
- Skill in employing instructional strategies that are effective in teaching students with exceptional needs using assistive technology
- Knowledge of I.E.P. and I.F.S.P. development
- An ability to select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools
- Sensitivity to multicultural issues in the classroom and school community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Students with Learning and Behavioral Problems
- Language, Literacy and Culture (Birth-Gr. 6)
- Working with Parents in Inclusive Schools
Classroom Management in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 656 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International975 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
National975 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.