It embraces shared interests of the Departments of Architecture and Landscape Architecture: culturally-based place making, historic preservation, integrated design, urban context and design, and sustainable/ green design.
The Architecture and Landscape Architecture from University of Washington prepares its graduates to become licensed architects and/or landscape architects poised to address urgent global and local issues related to the built environment through enlightened, responsible, and imaginative practice, activism and leadership.
The concurrent degree program allows incoming and current students in the Master of Architecture (M.Arch) and Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) programs to study both disciplines in a rigorous, predictable, and efficient way. The program promotes engagement and collaboration among students and faculty in both programs while strengthening and diversifying program offerings within the college. The program builds upon other successful concurrent degree programs in the College of Built Environments, where interdisciplinary education, collaboration and practice have been identified as a priority.
- Arch Foundation Studio
- Arch Integration Studio
- Materials & Assemblies
- Design Technology
- History + Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 162 credits for 4-year program
- 117 credits for 3-year (advanced standing) program
DisciplinesArchitecture Mechanical Engineering Landscape Architecture View 186 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 48 months.
National35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State20535 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20535 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.