Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MFA degree.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the thesis project.
- Produce a cohesive body of work demonstrating personal vision and professional level achievement in concept and execution.
- Work with advanced level skill in chosen mediums and techniques.
Research and Concept Development
- Explore ideas, articulate concepts, and conceive solutions.
- Apply project-related research to design solutions.
- Critically discuss work using objective criteria: describing facts, analyzing techniques, interpreting content, and evaluating results
- Discuss work within the context of historical movements and contemporary trends in the thesis proposal, final paper, and directed study journals.
- Give clear, concise presentations supported by appropriate visual materials.
- Professionally present and exhibit artwork.
- Manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Produce a portfolio and collateral materials suitable for chosen career path.
- Wax Model Making and Introduction to Casting
- Jewelry & Metal Arts: Design & Fabrication
- The Art & Ideology of the 20th Century
- Forging & Forming
- Jewelry & Metal Arts: Advanced Design & Fabrication
- Explorations in Papermaking
- Digital Design: Laser Cutting and Milling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 33 other Masters in Fashion Design in United States
- Application form or online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate college/university showing completion of an undergraduate degree
- One page essay explaining personal goals for graduate school or essay related to a topic as required by the Department
- Resume: Describe your educational and professional experience
- Portfolio/Demo reel: A portfolio with detailed descriptions in your chosen discipline is required
- Additional materials may be required.
International26147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.